His passion for improving people’s financial lives is unparalleled, and it is the driving force behind Leon LaBrecque. You can hear him give advice as an expert commentator for global media outlets including CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN, Fox News, Forbes, and more, but there is nothing that fuels him more than helping others navigate their own finances, better understand their fiscal future and increase their financial literacy. Leon’s deep understanding and unique perspective into geopolitics, cultural phenomenon, and even computer coding, has given him the skill to explain complex situations simply, thus increasing understanding and reducing uncertainty among clients.
If he’s not helping his clients prepare for a thriving retirement you will find him spending time with his wife and children, hunting and fishing in his backyard of exquisite Michigan, and relaxing through yoga and poetry.
Career notes, accolades and accreditations:
• Holds a BS in Accounting from the University of Detroit Mercy, and a JD in Law from the University of Mercy Detroit Law School
• Holds a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and Chartered Financial Analyst accreditations
• Authored several books and proprietary financial programs for General Motors, Ford Motor Company, AT&T and numerous law enforcement organizations
• Serves as Trustee for the Hazel Park Promise Zone and College Access Network, a commitment to revitalizing the Hazel Park community by increasing its educational attainment and making it an attractive destination for families
• Advisor to the Sustainability Institute of Detroit
• Member of the Sheriffs Memorial Assistance Response Team
• Director of the MICPAs Special Task Force on New Tax Legislation
• Previously CEO of Educational Technologies, writing and delivered pre-retirement programs and benefits communications to AT&T, Ford, General Motors, among others
• Previously directed financial education, including personal financial planning classes to thousands of employees at Chrysler, Ford and GM, during his time at O/E Learning
• Previously department chair and professor of finance at Walsh College