Money: Making More & Keeping More Seminar
Join us October 23rd or 27th for an educational seminar presented by Leon LaBrecque on these important topics:
- Work or Retire: Pension vs. Paycheck
- Maximizing and Maintaining Deferred Comp & Defined Contribution Plans
- Estate Planning: Protecting Your Planning
- Tax Planning: Maximizing Deductions
- College Planning: Benefits of 529 plans
- Annuity Withdrawal/DROP: Rollover Plans & Spending
- Social Security: Windfall Elimination Provision
Both sessions will be held at the Hellenic Cultural Center (36375 Joy Rd., Westland, MI 48185). Please RSVP by clicking here or calling (248)-641-7400. Spouses welcome!
Why Guns & Hoses?
Police officers and firefighters need all the help they can get in defending their pensions and subsequent retirements. LJPR’s team of public safety retirement experts, including Leon LaBrecque and Matthew Teetor, do just that. In addition to working with units across the state of Michigan, they have authored several publications to assist police officers and firefighters in every area of their financial lives. Whether it's tax, investment, or estate planning, our team knows the ins and outs of the unique financial circumstances that men and women of public service face.
As our clients will attest, we are the most qualified financial advisor handling police and fire retirement systems in the state. In addition to our one on one consultation, departments across the state have benefitted greatly from our presentations and seminars. As is the case for all of our clients at LJPR, the fact that we are an independent advisor means commissions and products are never a part of our practice—only your best interests are in mind.
These are trying times, but good planning can help avoid mistakes. Feel free to utilize the resources we have provided on this page, and let us know how we can further assist you and your department. Above all, thank you for your service.
- 2014 Deferred Compensation & Defined Contribution Guidebook
- Guns & Hoses: A Retirement Guide For Michigan Police Officers and Firefighters
- Guns & Hoses: Estate Planning Guide
- Guns & Hoses: Work or Retire?
- Tax Deductions for Firefighters
- Tax Deductions for Police Officers
- Social Security Windfall Elimination and Government Pension Offset